Online Blackjack is by far one of the most played casino table game and popular casino game. It offers those who play it loads of fun and plenty of excitement. Blackjack also known as twenty- one is a game of luck and skill. The main aim of the game is to draw a hand that has a higher value than the dealer’s hand, but without going over 21. There are different variations of blackjack and each variation has its specific rules. However, there are basic blackjack rules that apply for most blackjack games. Once you read this blackjack guide we are sure that you will realise that blackjack is the ideal game for you.
If you never played blackjack before we highly recommend you start with playing online blackjack first. The reason for this is that online casino software is a good guide for players who are not familiar with everything that is involved with playing blackjack. An online blackjack game starts when you decide to make a bet on a hand. The available betting ranges all depend on the casino you are playing at. Once you decide on the amount click the deal button and you will receive your cards.
Online blackjack played through a casino download is going to be determined by a random number generator. This is the same device that determines the slots machines as well as the video poker machines. Thus it is a safe and trusted technology- you have nothing to worry about.
The Blackjack Basics
In blackjack, the cards 2 through 10 are worth their face value and all face cards are worth 10. An ace is worth either 1 or 11. A hand with an ace that is counted as 11 is called a soft hand while an ace and a 6 is called soft 17. A hand with an ace counting as 1 is called hard hand.
How to play blackjack?
As already mentioned briefly above, to start a blackjack game you need to first place your bet. After that you will receive two cards, both faced up. The dealer receives one card face up. In some blackjack variations the player receives the second card face down. In some other variations the dealer does not receive the second card until a later stage of the game.
If you have two cards that add up to 21 you automatically win- Congratulations! If the dealer has 21 too then you don’t win.
Advantages of playing online blackjack
- Convenience: You can play wherever you are, whenever you feel like! All you need to do is log in your favourite online casino and start playing. You don’t have to worry about the hassle of going to land- based casino. You don’t have to dress up or leave early to beat the traffic. It is very convenient to play blackjack from the comfort of your own home.
- Play against the dealer: When you play online you can play against the dealer. This gives you a lot of opportunities to win big.
- No need to wait: You never have to wait for an open blackjack table. We are sure that it would be frustrating if you drive for hours and then find out that you can’t get a seat at an empty blackjack table. When you play online you won’t encounter this problem, you will never have to wait for an empty table.
- Playing different variations: There are plenty of variations at online casinos. In a land based casino your options are very often limited, most of the tables will be standard blackjack tables.
- Online casinos welcome bonuses: Very often online casinos offer big welcome bonuses to all new players.
The majority of online casinos will match your first deposit bonuses up to a certain amount. Furthermore, some very generous casinos give blackjack players the possibility free money bonus without the need to deposit. Just sign up and the money is yours.