The opportunities to gambling online are becoming increasingly popular. All you need is a computer or smart phone and online bank account and you can play whichever casino game you want or place a bet on any sports event anywhere in the world at any time. Together with traditional forms of gambling such as betting on football or horses the expansion of online betting has expanded across different sports events and casino games. Today you can be anywhere, anytime, on just about anything.
In order to make gambling a safer activity we want to increase the awareness and understanding among many people. This will reduce the harm at a later stage.
Gambling is a leisure activity. Whether you play online or you know someone who does it is important to keep in mind that gambling is not a way to make money but a pass time. It is important to understand that gambling comes with potentially serious risks.
The majority of people who develop a gambling problem think it is just a matter of risk until they will win a big sum that will solve every financial problem. They often gamble to the extent that their relationships, family, health and job are negatively affected.
As a serious casino site we are dedicated to make sure that players who sign up with casinos through our links play responsibly.
- These are some tips for safer gambling:
- Make up your mind up to gamble only what you can afford to lose, not money for everyday expenses
- Check if you are in a depressed mood. If you are feeling down, don’t play today
- Decide how much you are going to spend
- Decide how high your losses can be
- Set a time limit
- Take regular breaks
- Don’t chase losses
If you feel that you developed an addiction for online gambling and need to control we suggest you contact the National Council for Problem Gambling database for a certified gambling counselor or else visit the Gamblers Anonymous website. There are also some interactive self- assessment tool and these are some of the questions you should ask yourself to identify if you have a problem.
- Did you ever lose time from work or school due to gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties
- Have you ever gambled to escape worry, trouble, boredom or loneliness?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?